Student News Site for the Argo News Network

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

Today's weather

• 3 AM
    44 °
  • 4 AM
    43 °
  • 5 AM
    42 °
  • 6 AM
    41 °
  • 7 AM
    40 °
  • 8 AM
    39 °
  • 9 AM
    40 °
  • 10 AM
    44 °
  • 11 AM
    50 °
  • 12 PM
    52 °
  • 1 PM
    55 °
  • 2 PM
    51 °
  • 3 PM
    49 °
  • 4 PM
    48 °
  • 5 PM
    46 °
  • 6 PM
    45 °
  • 7 PM
    43 °
  • 8 PM
    46 °
  • 9 PM
    46 °
  • 10 PM
    41 °
  • 11 PM
    45 °
  • 12 AM
    45 °
  • 1 AM
    41 °
  • 2 AM
    45 °
  • 3 AM
    45 °
April 3
49°/ 39°
Moderate rain
April 4
66°/ 41°
Patchy rain possible
April 5
69°/ 40°
Patchy rain possible

Argo’s First Pep Assembly of the 23-24 School Year

Lisa Garrett

Friday, September 7th, 2023, was the first pep rally of the Argo school year. This pep assembly commemorated homecoming.

Once the bell rang 7th period, students who were in a sport or band walked down the halls to their respective places to gather what they needed and head to the football field. While classes were heading to the field, the Argo Band was playing songs like “Treasure” and Argos fight song: “Argo Victory.” Once the Band stopped playing, Natalie Boggs sang the national anthem for all of Argo. Right after the anthem, the Argo band played “Argo Victory” and then walked off the field for the rally to begin.

Jason the Argonaut and David Hernandez, the theatre director, hyped up the crowd to get them ready for the recognition for all our current varsity sports. Some of these sports included girls and boys cross country, girls tennis, girls swim and dive, girls volleyball, football, and boys soccer.

After all the varsity teams were announced, the Argo Sailorettes took the field and performed their wonderful song “Boogie Wonderland.” Once the Sailorettes went off the field, the band came on. The band performed one of their movements called “Into the Clouds” which was the 1st of 3 songs for their show. When the band walked off the field, the cheer team did their performance.

After all the performances and recognition of our fall sports, a bumper soccer game was held. In the first game, the teams were sophomores vs. freshmen. There was 5 minutes on the clock. Although both teams were fighting for the goal, the teams stayed at 0:0 throughout all 5 minutes. In the end, each team went to kickoffs and the freshmen scored a point for their team, ending the game at 0:1.

A final game was held, the teams were juniors vs. seniors. Another 5 minutes were added to the board. The game started and not even a minute into the game, the seniors scored a point. Throughout the next 4 minutes, the seniors scored 2 more points making the final score 0:3.

The games finished and the assembly ended. Some students went to the buses and went home. Others enjoyed their sports or other activities, while they waited for the Homecoming football game to begin.