Student News Site for the Argo News Network

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

Today's weather

• 3 AM
    44 °
  • 4 AM
    43 °
  • 5 AM
    42 °
  • 6 AM
    41 °
  • 7 AM
    40 °
  • 8 AM
    39 °
  • 9 AM
    40 °
  • 10 AM
    44 °
  • 11 AM
    50 °
  • 12 PM
    52 °
  • 1 PM
    55 °
  • 2 PM
    51 °
  • 3 PM
    49 °
  • 4 PM
    48 °
  • 5 PM
    46 °
  • 6 PM
    45 °
  • 7 PM
    43 °
  • 8 PM
    46 °
  • 9 PM
    46 °
  • 10 PM
    41 °
  • 11 PM
    45 °
  • 12 AM
    45 °
  • 1 AM
    41 °
  • 2 AM
    45 °
  • 3 AM
    45 °
April 3
49°/ 39°
Moderate rain
April 4
66°/ 41°
Patchy rain possible
April 5
69°/ 40°
Patchy rain possible

What’s with all the construction outside?

Photo of the construction site by Regina Marinez

If you’re an Argo student and have ever wondered what’s with all the construction outside, well you’ve come to the right article. With all the answers to your question coming right up, sit back and relax. 

First things first, the construction outside is because of the Pass Gate Annex project, which is a building that is mainly taking up the space where the old administration parking lot was. This is the primary reason for all of the construction around the Argo campus. 

The major focus of the district is to have a place after sports games and after school activities that provides a location with security that Argo students can wait in. As well as having a safe space, there will be an entrance parents can come into to pick up their students, as well as a visitor entrance. 

A key point to mention is that us students can come here during the day since the second floor of the new building will become the new TLC. It also will be a major student hub and lobby. The historical hall will also be moved to the building’s second floor, allowing the visitor to be able to see the background and history of our beautiful Argo Community High School. There is another area too where students can hang out when they are waiting for rides and even space if they are doing a group project. 

Because Argo is a locked campus, the building isn’t taking anything away from our school but rather freeing up space in our main building. Therefore, more housing space will be added to more programs and learning centers with more opportunities and sporting events. With future programs being able to be created along with keeping up with our student’s needs, our school will be the safest it’s ever been. 

With all these new improvements and new buildings our school will continue to become better and better, being able to guide our current and future Argonauts to a more open and better path. Being expandable to new clubs, sports, and other activities makes our Argo Community High School the best it’s ever been.