Maroon and White Night and Game

Melissa Vires, Section Editor

On Friday, August 17th all students are welcome to  the Maroon and White Night to kick off the new school year with some fun at Argo’s stadium! 

The event will last from 4:30-10:00pm, the highlight of which will be the ribbon cutting ceremony for the football field at 6:30pm. There is no entry fee but students are encouraged to bring school supplies to support the Fill The Backpack initiative.  

The traditional Maroon vs. White football game will showcase not only Argo’s football team, but also the beautiful new football field. Students can also view the volleyball scrimmage in the Swanson gym. A soccer scrimmage will take place on the grass field followed by a lower level football scrimmage.  

Activities will include face painting, balloons with lights, a photo booth, a lollypop prize tree, and even a dunk tank in which all three deans will be volunteering! Each stand will be run by one of the many clubs Argo offers.  

Treats such as cotton candy, snow cones, churros, candy bars, and lemonade can all be purchased near the activity stands.  

Once it gets dark outside, Argo will be playing the movie “Black Panther” in the football stadium to end the night with friends and family gathered together to celebrate the new school year. 

So come on out and kick of this year with a fun-filled night!