Student News Site for the Argo News Network

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

Today's weather

• 3 AM
    44 °
  • 4 AM
    43 °
  • 5 AM
    42 °
  • 6 AM
    41 °
  • 7 AM
    40 °
  • 8 AM
    39 °
  • 9 AM
    40 °
  • 10 AM
    44 °
  • 11 AM
    50 °
  • 12 PM
    52 °
  • 1 PM
    55 °
  • 2 PM
    51 °
  • 3 PM
    49 °
  • 4 PM
    48 °
  • 5 PM
    46 °
  • 6 PM
    45 °
  • 7 PM
    43 °
  • 8 PM
    46 °
  • 9 PM
    46 °
  • 10 PM
    41 °
  • 11 PM
    45 °
  • 12 AM
    45 °
  • 1 AM
    41 °
  • 2 AM
    45 °
  • 3 AM
    45 °
April 3
49°/ 39°
Moderate rain
April 4
66°/ 41°
Patchy rain possible
April 5
69°/ 40°
Patchy rain possible

The comedy club

Once upon a time, in a small town called Summit, there was a haunted comedy club. Every night, the local comedians would gather to perform their hilarious routines, however, they were unaware of the spooky presence lurking in the shadows. 

One fateful evening, a new comedian, Gumbo, took the stage. He was known for his quick wit and clever punchlines. As he began his set, the audience erupted in laughter. Little did they know that the laughter was attracting the attention of the mischievous ghost that haunted the club. 

As Gumbo continued to tell his jokes, the ghost decided to join in the fun. It started by subtly moving objects on stage which caused Gumbo to improvise and incorporate the strange occurrences into his act. The audience was in stitches; thinking it was all a part of the show.  

But as the night went on, the ghost’s pranks became more and more terrifying. Lights flickered, chairs levitated, and strange noises echoed throughout the club. As the ghost passed behind the audience, it made a shiver go down their bodies. Gumbo was still determined to keep the show going. He used his comedic skills to turn the horrifying situations into comedic gold. 

The audience was caught between laughter and fear. The hairs on the back of their neck stood up and their stomachs began hurting from laughter. They couldn’t believe what they were witnessing. They were simultaneously terrified and amused by the supernatural occurrences happening right before their eyes. Gumbo’s ability to find humor in the face of horror made him an instant sensation. 

By the end of the night, the ghost realized that it had met its match in Gumbo. It couldn’t help but laugh along with the audience, finally finding joy in its eternal haunting. From that day forward, the ghost became a permanent fixture at the comedy club, adding an extra element of surprise and laughter to every show. 

And so, the haunted comedy club in summit became famous far and wide, attracting visitors from all over who wanted to experience the unique blend of comedy and horror. It was all thanks to Gumbo; the fearless comedian who turned fright into laughter and brought joy to the haunted stage.