Student News Site for the Argo News Network

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

Today's weather

• 3 AM
    44 °
  • 4 AM
    43 °
  • 5 AM
    42 °
  • 6 AM
    41 °
  • 7 AM
    40 °
  • 8 AM
    39 °
  • 9 AM
    40 °
  • 10 AM
    44 °
  • 11 AM
    50 °
  • 12 PM
    52 °
  • 1 PM
    55 °
  • 2 PM
    51 °
  • 3 PM
    49 °
  • 4 PM
    48 °
  • 5 PM
    46 °
  • 6 PM
    45 °
  • 7 PM
    43 °
  • 8 PM
    46 °
  • 9 PM
    46 °
  • 10 PM
    41 °
  • 11 PM
    45 °
  • 12 AM
    45 °
  • 1 AM
    41 °
  • 2 AM
    45 °
  • 3 AM
    45 °
April 3
49°/ 39°
Moderate rain
April 4
66°/ 41°
Patchy rain possible
April 5
69°/ 40°
Patchy rain possible

Competition season for Argo poms team the Sailorettes

The time of the year is coming when the Argo sailorettes have practice every day to get ready for competition season. After an amazing performance on Thursday, October 19, 2023, by the varsity poms girls, we started practicing harder to come back better for competition. Though we make the performances look easy, there’s a lot of time, effort, and energy put into making the dance perfect for the public eye view. All 3 teams have their own routine.

Every year the varsity poms team goes to state, and the varsity team is coached by Mrs. Palmer. Every performance they have gets better each year. You might have been shocked by the varsity poms half-time routine, but trust me, it gets way more entertaining.

Though every team and sport compete in some type of conference or competition, the goal is to win. Our coaches encourage us to just do better than we did on the previous competition date. For this to be possible it’s advised that we try our best to not miss practice. Contrary to what you may think, the practice time isn’t harsh it only lasts for 2 hours every day.

“I love competition season, what I love most about it is the hard work we put in at practice finally pays off! And I love the adrenaline rush I get when I perform it so exhilarating my favorite part about poms!!!!!!!” says a varsity girl by the name of Jada. Though I haven’t experienced competition season, I believe everything she said. Even when we are performing for school, I get a rush of adrenaline. To sum it up, it’s just an all-around great experience, especially being a sailorette.