Student News Site for the Argo News Network

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

The Maroon News

Today's weather

• 3 AM
    44 °
  • 4 AM
    43 °
  • 5 AM
    42 °
  • 6 AM
    41 °
  • 7 AM
    40 °
  • 8 AM
    39 °
  • 9 AM
    40 °
  • 10 AM
    44 °
  • 11 AM
    50 °
  • 12 PM
    52 °
  • 1 PM
    55 °
  • 2 PM
    51 °
  • 3 PM
    49 °
  • 4 PM
    48 °
  • 5 PM
    46 °
  • 6 PM
    45 °
  • 7 PM
    43 °
  • 8 PM
    46 °
  • 9 PM
    46 °
  • 10 PM
    41 °
  • 11 PM
    45 °
  • 12 AM
    45 °
  • 1 AM
    41 °
  • 2 AM
    45 °
  • 3 AM
    45 °
April 3
49°/ 39°
Moderate rain
April 4
66°/ 41°
Patchy rain possible
April 5
69°/ 40°
Patchy rain possible

Shake your poms, cheer for your seniors, tackle the senior night game

Argo Football (4-2) is playing their big senior night game on October 19th at 6:00 p.m. against TF south  (2-4). This will also be the last home football game and last half-time performance for cheer and poms. This game will be a pink out theme. The colors and emotions will be vivid to our 24’ seniors.

“Senior night is a time to honor our senior class and the 4 years they put into the program and impact they have made on each other.  The student body should come out and support these nights for their classmates,” said Philip Rossberg, head football coach.

This is a night that every student should come out too. Not only is it to show the hard work the seniors have put in, but the coaches as well. These coaches have grown with these seniors and saw them change and grow.

“Senior night is important to me because it is the last time I get to see ‘my girls’ perform on the football field. Football season is a favorite for many of the team members. I love seeing them enjoy themselves and feel proud of their performance. After all the hours of dedication and hard work they put into being a sailorette, it is a pleasure to celebrate them!” said the head poms coach, Dawn Palmer.

There are many things to look forward to. The game itself but also the performances from Argo’s poms and cheer team at half time. These girls and boys put in many hours after school to put together these routines and to perform them for only 2-3 minutes.

“I tell these players that they are like family to me, and they are my boys. I hope in this time they felt the family/team atmosphere we developed.” Said Rossberg.

The time, effort and commitment student athletes put into their sports is more than you’d think. The dedication these student athletes must have to be in the sports they are in is admirable, and it would be perfect to have people out there.

“I am also excited for this kick routine. It is a great routine with great music. We have been working hard on it, and our kicks keep improving,” said Palmer. “We also get to wear our new uniforms which will show off the kicks even more. The captains did a great job on the choreography, and I hope we make them proud.”