Argo football getting ready for upcoming difficult weeks

Ms.+Garretts+senior+poster.+

Ms. Garrett’s senior poster.

Marina Ilic, Staff Writer

The Argo football team is getting ready to take on the brutal, final weeks of the season. On October 14th at 7:00pm at Shepard High School, the Argonauts take on the Astros. After that, the boys have one more game, and in high hopes, playoffs.

The football team has big ambitions for the end of the season and they’re taking great measures to be prepared.
With this game being the second to last of the season, the players are ready to give it their all. Playoffs are just around the corner and the boys are ready.

“We’re all locked in. We’re not worried about nothing else but the football team and the records,” said 3 sport Senior, Davonte Evans. This mentality has taken the team far through the season.

They’re also finishing the season with this strong mentality as Football Head Coach, Phillip Rossberg states, “If you play for one another and not for yourself, that’s when a team can go from average to one step above.”

Argo and Shepard have similar advantages when it comes to sports. Since both teams are fighting for their spot in the playoffs, the game will come down to who wants the win more.

“They’re an established team…but I think we stand a good chance against them, we match up athletically,” said Rossberg

Seniors this year are ready to finish off the football season with a big one. “We work harder as a team this year than we did previous years…we just have chemistry,” says Evans.

With a program of about 100 players, the coach talks about the importance of team building and team bonding.

“I think them playing for each other is the biggest success here.”

As the team is getting ready to close up the season, Coach Rossberg is just now getting started with revamping the program. Rossberg says, “At the end, we represent this school, this community, and everybody here. We have to take pride in that. That’s what we do.”